You can read this week’s bulletin which lists any changes to our normal schedule here. Please check it for special schedules, such as Christmas, Holy Days and the Easter Triduum. At this time, no public Masses or celebrations are scheduled.
Para ver el sitio web en español, por favor haga clic aquí.
Since mid-March all public Masses in the Archdiocese have been suspended, although churches have remained open for private prayer.
On May 22nd, the Archdiocese announced that, in light of the decision by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to ease restrictions needed to prevent the spread of the coronavirus on June 5th, public celebration of the Mass would begin on Saturday June 6th. See this statement on the Archdiocese website.
Specific guidelines for schedules and changes in church access to ensure that the limitation that no church will have a congregation of more than 50% of the building’s capacity will be announced on a parish by parish basis. When St. Michael’s determines this, the information will be communicated in the parish bulletin and, thereafter, on the website.
The overall guidelines for the reopening were issued in early May and are available here. These will be adapted according to the circumstances of each parish.
Until June 6, the current restrictions will remain in effect, namely:
- Masses will be celebrated privately at the parish for the announced intentions. While St. Michael lacks the ability to stream these Masses, you may view the Mass at other churches. A list is available at https://catholicphilly.com/2020/04/news/local-news/find-a-mass-livestreamed/.
- St. Michael’s Church remains open for private worship from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. If you come to church, please observe social distancing norms (i.e., do not approach any other person more closely than six feet) both while in church and while going to and returning from church.
If you wish to go to confession, please call Father Arturo at the Rectory (215-739-5766)
There are many upcoming days when Mass intentions are available; if you wish to have a Mass said for your intention or to remember a deceased loved one, please call the rectory at 215-739-2358.
NORMAL SUNDAY MASS SCHEDULE at St. Michael’s:
- Sunday English Mass 9:30 am.
- Spanish Mass 11:30 a.m.
- Normal weekday schedule is 8:30 a.m. Monday through Friday.
- Check the current bulletin to confirm that there are no changes for this week.
As noted above, this schedule is suspended until further notice due to the pandemic.
- If you wish to have a child baptized, the parents should contact Father Arturo before showing up to attend preparatory classes.
Please pray for the sick of the parish who are listed in the current issue of the parish bulletin.
If you have a friend or relative who is sick ,or troubled and could benefit from talking to a priest, please give us his or her name, address and phone number so we can pray for and visit him or her at home. You may e mail Saint Michaels [firstname.lastname@example.org] or call the office (215-739-2358) to let us know.
Information on Current Classes/Activities:
- Notice to anyone who wishes to have their child baptized: Classes will be held on the 3rd Saturday of each month in Gallagher Hall at 11:30 a.m.
Normal Sunday Mass Times:
At St. Michael’s Church (1445 N 2nd Street (just south of Jefferson), Philadelphia, PA 19122): 9:30 a.m. (English) and 11:30 a.m. (Spanish).
Directions to the church by car or public transit or walking can be obtained by clicking on the church name above and entering your starting point and means of traveling.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament occurs in church at St. Michael every
Thursday beginning after the 8:30 a.m. Mass until 1 p.m.
Office Hours: The office at St. Michael is open Tuesday-Friday from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
CARE FOR THE SICK: In the occasion of an emergency call the rectory immediately.
Information about the churches’ history is available through the Wikipedia articles on St. Michael and Immaculate through the links given.
If you are on Facebook, please consider joining the St. Michael’s parish group on that site.